Nepal, a home for happiness and diversity, has always been a dream destination for travelers. Whether you’re a Gap Year Traveller or a holidaymaker, there is something for everyone.
Gap Years are trending. A Gap Year taken in between the college semesters or in between university enrolment has been proven to be beneficial for students to become more creative, develop problem-solving skills and above all gain increased independence in decision making. A Gap Year should match with the personality traits with the Gap Year Student and the activities they undertake. It should help with their studies later on, and eventually for their career.
We have some of the best Gap Year programs that you participate in the Himalayan country of Nepal:
- Teach and Trek in the Everest Region
- Teach and Trek in the Annapurna Region
- Teach and Trek in the Lang tang Region
- Stay with a local farmer family and engage in traditional farming methods
- Teach the monks in the monastery
- Support the rural schools
- Participate in rural school construction projects
- Work in a village library
- Computer teaching in rural villages
- Engage with the local women groups in the villages
- Yoga, meditation and spiritual experiences
- Train sports in the hill region such as football and volleyball
- Engage in environmental conservation projects with community forest user groups
- Help a community health center
- Volunteer for a local NGO
- Teach in a city community school
- Volunteer for small and medium enterprises
- Volunteer for animal farms such as a cow farm
- Explore the villages through community treks
- Full cultural immersion practices like language learning, cooking, celebrating festivals with a host family.
These Gap Year ideas are unique to Nepal, and the unique experiences that you can have to broaden your horizons, way of handling problems and make you a better global citizen in the future.
Plan your Gap Year with us. We are there to make your dream successful.